It was actually my family and friends that suggested writing a blog. After some encouragement, thinking and talking about it, I decided to give it a go. This is a big step putting myself out there but what’s the worst that can happen? (No one will read it ha ha). I also had to talk to those closest to me to establish if they would be ok and not too upset with the blog as I will be writing about things that will sometimes be hard to read. I originally hoped to start it back in July 2018 but after a series of unfortunate and stressful events, I am now sitting here at the end of December 2018.
This is a blog exploring my Mental Health conditions and life. I have Bipolar 1, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Social Phobia, with some Agoraphobia and Dermatillomania thrown in. It took many unmedicated years, with many life-changing and increasingly destructive episodes to finally get diagnoses and help. There is no cure, just a daily struggle to keep going and fighting.
The basic idea/format of this blog:
- A right to reply. I have a lot said about me both to my face and behind my back, so this is a chance to reply some of the questions, comments and assumptions people have made (without naming names don’t worry!).
- Have some comments and questions as blog post titles.
- Cover some very sensitive subjects but will start them off with a trigger warning where appropriate.
- Try and post whenever I can. There will be no regularity as I’m not always in the best of places.
- The posts will probably have no logical flow because neither does my brain!
- I may be brave and do periodical ‘AMA’s – Ask Me Anything’ on my Facebook page and/or Instagram.
- Some positivity so that in bad times I don’t just delete it all.
- Include some content from programs/blogs/articles/podcasts that I have found relevant/interesting/questionable.
- Explain my conditions and medications and how they affect me.
- Probably include some of the stupid things I say and do on a daily basis!
If you have any ideas or suggestions then please comment or message me.
I would love it if you would follow my Blog, my Facebook page and my Instagram, please. Also, feel free to share them if you think it could help someone else.
I hope to publish my next blog post in January. In the meantime, hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Holidays and a happy and healthy New Year. TTFN